Are you looking for a yummy drink to help soothe the holiday stress away? The CBD hot cocoa might just be what you need! This homemade hot cocoa is infused with CBD to help support relaxation and brain fortification. The delicious plant-based drink is also loaded with vitamins, minerals, and antioxidants!
The CBD hot cocoa is infused with hemp-derived terpenes and cannabinoids, which enhance the spices and the bitter chocolate taste. Furthermore, the milk’s added fat and whipped cream help to enhance the drink’s bioavailability. This delicious recipe can make for a perfect addition to your CBD recipes.
What’s Good About a CBD-Infused Drink?
For those who are not yet aware of the many health benefits of CBD, you might be wondering what’s good about adding CBD to your hot chocolate drink.
CBD or cannabidiol is a compound derived from cannabis that has been shown to be beneficial for a wide variety of health issues.
According to research, here are some of the biggest benefits of CBD:
- Relieves neuropathic pain, thanks to its anti-inflammatory actions and its ability to mingle with the body’s endocannabinoid system.
- Helps minimize the severity of anxiety in both humans and animals.
- Reduces the frequency of seizures for those suffering from the Dravet Syndrome.
Indeed, the CBD comes with amazing health benefits and adding it to your drink is certainly a great idea.
Homemade CBD Hot Cocoa Recipe
Knowing the benefits of CBD, you’re probably eager to learn how to prepare your own homemade CBD hot cocoa.
So here’s the recipe:
- 1-cup whole organic milk
- 1-ounce dark chocolate
- A pinch of cinnamon
- A pinch salt
- 1 tbsp. unsweetened cocoa powder
- 2 tbsp. organic granulated sugar
- 2 to 3 drops of full spectrum CBD tincture
- Candy cane
- Whipped cream and marshmallows for garnishing
- Mix the cocoa powder, chocolate, and half of the milk in a saucepan and over low heat.
- Stir constantly until such time that the chocolate is fully melted.
- Pour the remaining half of the milk and add a pinch of salt and cinnamon.
- Add the organic sugar and some drops of the CBD tincture that you prefer. Stir gently.
- Top with whipped cream and some marshmallows.
- Take the candy cane, crush gently in a Ziploc bag, and then sprinkle over the whipped cream.
Tips to Keep in Mind
The effects of CBD are different from one person to another. Depending on the CBD dosage that you have chosen to add to the recipe, the drink might cause immediate drowsy effects. Therefore, it’s not recommended to drink this hot cocoa if you plan on driving, operating heavy machinery, or doing things that require focus and concentration. It’s best to drink it before going to sleep.
It’s also not advised to combine this drink with other medications used for sleep. If this is your first time that you consume CBD and you’re taking other medications, it’s recommended to talk to your doctor first.