What do you seek in your superfoods? There’s something unique you get from hemp seeds that make it one of the best superfoods you can prepare at home. A hemp granola recipe gives you the best of both worlds. In this recipe, your body will appreciate the amazing benefits of oats, while at the same time giving you something you can snack on.
The hemp granola recipe is packed with lots of nutritional benefits that should help you attack the day without holding back. One of the best things about this recipe is that you can prepare it in a very short time.
There’s no doubt that oats are one of the healthiest grains you can consume. With oats, you are looking at managing your blood sugar, weight loss, and lower your risk of heart disease. This recipe is more than just nutritious, it is also one of the easiest to prepare in around 5 minutes, and you can customize it as you wish.
The recipe herein is gluten-free, so make sure you get gluten-free oats.
- Butter, 2 tablespoons
- Peanut butter, ¼ cup
- Rolled oats, 1 cup
- Hemp seeds, 2 teaspoons
- Unsweetened coconut flakes, 1 tablespoon
- Sea salt, 1/8 teaspoons
- Vanilla extract, 1/8 teaspoons
- Ground cinnamon, ½ teaspoon
- Ground flaxseed, 2 teaspoons
- Agave syrup, or honey, ¼ cup
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees
- Add peanut butter in a small saucepot over medium heat. Keep stirring until it softens and then use low heat. Add agave or honey and stir until it mixes evenly.
- Keep stirring and add the rolled oats, cinnamon, flax seed, vanilla, salt, hemp seeds, and coconut flakes.
- Turn off the heat but keep stirring until you have a very thick mix.
- Pour the mix on an aluminum sheet, and then use a spoon to spread and flatten.
- Load inside the pre-heat oven and bake for 15 minutes. You should notice brown edges, an indication that the granola is ready.
- Allow it to cool down for 10 minutes and then serve.
You can store the unused granola in the fridge. This recipe is highly nutritious and tasty. It is ideal for breakfast, and you can also carry it with you for snacking later on.
Oats in this recipe support your nutritious needs, loading the snack with important minerals and vitamins. This simple snack alone gives your body the necessary protein, fiber, carbohydrates, and calories. It is an awesome nutrient-rich snack. Besides, considering the fact that oats are very good antioxidants, this snack is perfect for lowering blood sugar and managing your level of cholesterol.
The hemp element in this recipe does bring its fair share of contribution to the recipe’s nutritional value. Hemp contains a lot of the important fats that you need, fiber, and essential amino acids that the body cannot produce autonomously.
One of the best things about this recipe is that you can easily introduce hemp in your diet by using hemp oil or shelled hemp seeds (hemp hearts). When stored in the fridge, you can enjoy this recipe for up to two weeks.