The hemp seed oil coffee is a great alternative to your usual morning coffee. Sure, it might sound strange, but once you taste it, you’ll definitely be hooked. In fact, hemp oil coffee is now becoming a growing trend among coffee lovers. With the growing popularity of CBD products, coffee drinkers have found a way to infuse CBD products into their favorite drinks. Some companies took advantage of the demand and came up with their own coffee grounds that have been pre-mixed with CBD.
If you can’t find a CBD infused coffee in your area, you can choose to make your own hemp oil coffee at home. There are plenty of recipes for hemp coffee that you’ll find online but perhaps the most popular is the hemp oil cold brew. The process of making this cold brew is so easy and once you taste it, you’ll definitely be saying goodbye to your old cup of coffee!
Benefits of Hemp Seed Oil Coffee
If you’ve heard about hemp seeds, then you are perhaps aware of its many benefits. Hemp seed oil is loaded with health benefits, such as fatty acids, anti-inflammatories, and GLA or Gamma Linoleic Acid. Furthermore, it contains valuable antioxidants that protect your body from the damaging effects of free radicals.
One of the most important components of the hemp seed oil is the GLA. This doesn’t only minimize inflammation, but it also helps in regulating heat pressure, blood pressure, and may even prevent obesity. As for the macronutrients, the hemp seed oil offers a good nutrient boost compared to other types of coffee. You’ll also love the taste of the hemp seed oil coffee, which consists of an earthy and nutty taste.
Some people that are trying to follow the popular Keto diet choose to add butter or coconut oil to their coffee. But adding hemp seed oil is actually a much better choice since it’s healthier and tastes so much better.
Now that you know the many benefits of hemp seed oil coffee, it’s time to learn how to make it in your own kitchen.
First, these are the ingredients that you need to prepare:
- 8 oz. light roast coffee beans
- 8 cups of water
- 2 to 3 teaspoons hemp seed oil
- 1/2 cup hemp seeds
- Grind the coffee using a coffee grinder.
- In a large pitcher or jar, combine the coffee and hemp seeds and add water. Add in the hemp seed oil. Leave overnight in order to allow the coffee and oil as it seeps.
- Stir gently to incorporate with water. Stir up to five times.
- Cover the jar and leave in the fridge overnight. Letting the mixture steep longer will result in a more potent hemp seed coffee.
- Strain the coffee with a paper towel or cheesecloth. Never squeeze the coffee grounds or this will release a bitter taste.
- Place it in a resalable container.
- Pour in a mug and enjoy!